University of Birmingham Library Services and Cadbury Research Library: Special Collections
Cadbury Research Library: Special Collections:
Website: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/facilities/cadbury/index.aspx E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0121 414 5839
Image copyright: University of Birmingham.
About Library Services
The libraries operate across 6 sites:
- Barber Fine Art Library - contains materials covering the major European schools of painting from the early Renaissance to the 21st Century, the history of collecting and some Byzantine art
- Barnes Library – covers medicine, biochemistry, life sciences, health studies, and sports and exercise
- Dental Library
- Main Library – contains the majority of the Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences and Science and Engineering collections
- Orchard Learning Resource Centre
- Shakespeare Institute Library - The library aims to collect every significant publication for the study of Shakespeare and Renaissance drama and the supporting collections cover literary, cultural, political, religious, and social history of the period
The local library catalogue is available online .
About Cadbury Research Library: Special Collections
The Special Collections and Archives of the University of Birmingham have been built up over a period of 120 years and consist of approximately 80,000 pre-1850 books dating from 1471 and some 3 million manuscripts.
British Library Interlibrary Loan Codes
- Main Library: G2
- Barnes Library, Medical School: G2
Can I see live document availability on Copac? Yes. The Copac local holdings display will tell you if a document is currently on-loan, reference only etc. as well giving you local location details.
Can I obtain items via Inter Library Loan? Yes, subject to the library's local lending policy. You have to request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff about whether they think the document you need is likely to be available for loan and for advice on making an inter-library loan request.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes - visit the library's web site for access details, or the Cadbury Research Library: Special Collections website for access to Special Collections. If you wish to visit it is advisable to contact the library in advance to ensure the material you need will be available.
How do I find primary source material held at this institution? Visit the University of Birmingham's contributor page at the Archives Hub for information.
University of Birmingham data on Copac
Example record from the University of Birmingham collections:
Les aveux indiscrets : opera comique en un acte, en vaudevilles et ariettes.
Published: Francfort : [s.n.] 1760
You can browse all the titles on Copac starting with the above title.