Cardiff University Library
About the library
Cardiff University has 18 library sites:
- Aberconway Library - provides information services for the Cardiff Business School
- Archie Cochrane Library - based at Llandough Hospital
- Architecture Library - provides information services to the Welsh School of Architecture. Houses the RIBA Trade Literature Collection and Rare Book Collection.
- Arts and Social Sciences Library - also home to the Special Collections and Archives
- Biomedical Sciences Library
- Brian Cooke Dental Library
- Bute Library - houses collections related to Journalism, Optometry and Pharmacy, City and Regional Planning, Architecture and Social Sciences
- Cancer Research Wales Library - the only specialist oncology library in Wales, supported by the charity Cancer Research Wales
- Health Library
- Law Library
- Music Library
- Science Library
- Senghennydd Library - provides information services for the School of Mathematics and the Centre of Lifelong Learning
- Trevithick Library - provides information services for the Cardiff School of Engineering, School of Computer Science and the School of Physics and Astronomy
The local library catalogue is available online.
Can I see live document availability on Copac? Yes. The Copac local holdings display will tell you if a document is currently on-loan, reference only etc. as well giving you local location details.
Can I obtain items via Inter Library Loan? Yes, subject to the library's local lending policy. You have to request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff about whether they think the document you need is likely to be available for loan and for advice on making an inter-library loan request.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes for Cardiff University Libraries - visit the library's web site for access details. If you wish to visit it is advisable to contact the library in advance to ensure the material you need will be available. Note: the Cardiff University Catalogue also contains the holdings of 20 NHS Postgraduate Libraries. These may not be visited, and it is at the librarian's discretion whether material is supplied on Inter Library Loan. Details of these libraries are available at AWHILES library's web site
How do I find primary source material held at this institution? Visit the University of Cardiff's contributor page at the Archives Hub for information.
Cardiff University data on Copac
Example record from the Cardiff University collections:
Hanes tragalarus, oddiar y mor : a dderbyniwyd oddi wrth Mr. George Williams, mewn llythyr at ei dad yn Ystalyfera, Deheudir Cymru : Milton, oedd enw y llong, ac yn llwythog o lo, o Shields, yn rhwym i Sanfrancisco. Cymerodd dan Rhag. y 23ain, 1881, ac mewn canlyniad by y morwyr 23 o ddyddiau mewn badau agored. / [By Williams, George.]
Published: Ystalyfera : E. Rees, pr. [1882?]
You can browse all the titles on Copac starting with the above title.