Imperial College London Library
Image copyright: Imperial College
About the library
Imperial College London is a science-based institution. It is based across a number of campuses and there are libraries at the South Kensington campus and hospital sites. The Central Library on the South Kensington Campus is the largest and provides services for all departments but specialises in materials for taught course and interdisciplinary materials. The other libraries are:
- Charing Cross Campus Library - covers general medicine, nursing and allied professions
- Chelsea and Westminster Campus Library - covers general medicine, nursing and allied professions
- Hammersmith Campus Library - covers medicine
- Royal Brompton Campus Library - covers cardiorespiratory and critical care medicine and nursing, and some general medicine
- St Mary's Fleming Library - covers general medicine, nursing and allied professions
- Silwood Park Campus Library - supports the Faculty of Natural Sciences, specialising in applied entomology, pest management and ecology
The Imperial College London catalogue on Copac incorporates the catalogue of the Science Museum Library
The local library catalogue is available online.
British Library Interlibrary Loan Codes
- Central Library: G2
- Chelsea and Westminster Campus Library: G2
- Hammersmith Campus Library: G2
- Royal Brompton Campus Library: G2
- St Mary's Fleming Library: G2
- Silwood Park Campus Library: F
Can I see live document availability on Copac? No
Can I obtain items via Inter Library Loan? Yes, subject to the library's local lending policy. You have to request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff about whether they think the document you need is likely to be available for loan and for advice on making an inter-library loan request.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes - visit the library's web site for access details. If you wish to visit it is advisable to contact the library in advance to ensure the material you need will be available.
How do I find primary source material held at this institution? Visit the Imperial College London's contributor page at the Archives Hub for information.
data on Copac
Example record from the :
Antonii a Leeuwenhoek Continuatio arcanorum naturæ detectorum.. / [By Leeuwenhoek, Antoni van 1632-1723.]
Published: Lugduni Batavorum : Apud Joh: Arnold: Langerak MDCCXXII. 
You can browse all the titles on Copac starting with the above title.