King's College London Library Services
Website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/library/visiting/joining/index.aspx E-mail: email@example.com Tel: 020 7848 2424
Image copyright: King's College London
Library Services is a key department at Kings
College London supporting the institutions teaching, learning, research
and administrative activity. Library Services provide an extensive range of research and teaching resources including
over 1.25 million books and ebooks, thousands of journals and over 5 million archival
documents. Additional resources include: special collections of historical
significance, theses, dissertations, reference tools, official publications,
research reports, statistical data, maps, music scores, vinyl records, CDs, DVDs, photographs, manuscripts and microforms.
King's libraries are located across
the five main campuses offering subject-specific resources:
- Strand campus:
- Maughan Library, Chancery Lane, holds humanities, law, physical sciences and engineering collections. It also houses the Foyle Special Collections Library and the Tony Arnold Library of the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
- King's College London Archives which incorporates the Liddell Hart Library (records are incorporated in the main catalogue. To restrict a search to the Liddell Hart Library: (1) access 'Multi-field search' (2) under 'limit search to', find 'library' and select 'Liddell Hart Library')
- Waterloo campus: the Franklin-Wilkins Library holds nursing, midwifery, biomedical, health and life sciences, management and education collections.
- Guy's campus: New Hunt's House Library, covers biomedical sciences, medicine and dentistry.
- Denmark Hill campus:
- The Weston Education Centre Library, holds basic medical sciences, clinical medicine, dentistry and health sciences.
- Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology, & Neuroscience Library covers psychology, psychiatry, psychotherapy, neurology, neurosciences and genetics.
- St Thomas' Campus: St Thomas' House Library, covers basic medical sciences, clinical medicine and health services.
- Bethlem Royal Hospital: Bethlem Library provides support to South London and Maudsley Trust staff working at Bethlem Royal Hospital.
The local library catalogue is available online.
British Library Interlibrary Loan Codes
- King's College London : G2
Can I see live document availability on Copac? Yes. The Copac local holdings display will tell you if a document is currently on-loan, reference only etc. as well giving you local location details.
Can I obtain items via Inter Library Loan? Yes, subject to the library's local lending policy. You have to request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff about whether they think the document you need is likely to be available for loan and for advice on making an inter-library loan request.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes - visit the admissions and membership web page for access details. If you wish to visit, it is advisable to contact the library in advance to ensure the material you need will be available.
How do I find primary source material held at this institution? Visit the Archives Hub King's College London's page for information.
King's College London data on Copac
Example record from King's College London:
Obras del bachiller Francisco de la Torre / Dalas a la impression d. Francisco de Queuedo Villegas Cauallero de la Orden de Santiago. Ilvstralas con el nõbre, y la protecciõ del excelentissimo señor Ramiro Felipe de Guzman, duque de Medina de las Torres, marques de Toral, &c. Con privilegio. En Madrid en la Imprenta del Reyno. Año de M.DC.XXXI. A costa de Domingo Gonçalez mercader de libros.
Published: [New York : De Vinne press 1903]
You can browse all the titles on Copac starting with the above title.