University of Leeds Library
Image of the Brotherton Library copyright: the University of Leeds.
About the library
Leeds University Library is one of the major academic research libraries of the United Kingdom, attracting students and scholars from around the world to its rich and extensive print and manuscript collections gathered during its 100 year history. The twenty-first century library combines these outstanding collections with an impressive range of electronic resources delivering first class support for study.
The Leeds catalogue on Copac gives details of the collections in the following libraries:
- Edward Boyle Library - contains the main collections for Science and Engineering and core text books for the majority of subjects
- Brotherton Library – contains the main collections for Arts, Social Sciences and Law
- Health Sciences Library - contains the main collections for medicine and health related subjects
- St James' University Hospital Library - supports medical and healthcare staff and students and employees of the hospital trust
- Special Collections is housed in the Brotherton Library and holds collections such as the Brotherton Collection, Liddle Collection (which contains first hand accounts of the First World War) and the Leeds Russian Archive.
The local library catalogue is available online.
British Library Interlibrary Loan Codes
- Brotheron Library: G2
Can I see live document availability on Copac? Yes. The Copac local holdings display will tell you if a document is currently on-loan, reference only etc. as well giving you local location details.
Can I obtain items via Inter Library Loan? Yes, subject to the library's local lending policy. You have to request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff about whether they think the document you need is likely to be available for loan and for advice on making an inter-library loan request.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes - visit the library's web site for access details. If you wish to visit it is advisable to contact the library in advance to ensure the material you need will be available.
How do I find primary source material held at this institution? Visit the University of Leeds's contributor page at the Archives Hub for information.
Universty of Leeds data on Copac
Example record from the University of Leeds:
On the green colour of the hair of sloths / by H.C. Sorby.
Published: [London] : [s.n.] 
You can browse all the titles on Copac starting with the above title.