Northumbria University Library
About the library
Northumbria University Library holds comprehensive digital and print collections, comprising over 550,000 print books, over 822,000 ebooks and in excess of 108,000 online journals and print journals.
The service is housed over three libraries:
- City Campus Library - is the largest of the libraries and houses collections that support all of the subjects that are taught at City Campus. The library has been extensively refurbished since 2013.
- Coach Lane Library - based on the east side of Coach Lane Campus, and houses collections that support all of the subjects that are taught at Coach Lane Campus.
- Law Practice Library - situated within City Campus East and is located on the first floor of the CCE1 Building (Business and Law), and it houses a reference collection of law resources, including textbooks, law reports and journals.
Special Collections at Northumbria University Library include:
- Arts Research Digest Collection
- British Government Publications
- Children's Book Collection
- Civil Rights and the Black Freedom Struggle
- Cultural Policy Collection
- The Deborah Leon Memorial Library
- European Documentation Centre
- Labour History Collection
- Law Practice Library
- Local and Private Acts of Parliament
- Microfilm collections in the Institute of Humanities in Northumbria
- Muckle Collection
- Playwork Collection
- School Resources Collection
- Theses and Dissertations
Further information on Special Collections.
The local library catalogue is available online.
British Library Interlibrary Loan Code
- Northumbria University Library: G2
Can I see live document availability on Copac? Yes. The Copac local holdings display will tell you if a document is currently on-loan, reference only etc. as well giving you local location details.
Can I obtain items via Inter Library Loan? Yes, subject to the library's local lending policy. You have to request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff about whether they think the document you need is likely to be available for loan and for advice on making an inter-library loan request.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes- see the library's web site for access details. If you wish to visit it is advisable to contact the library in advance to ensure the material you need will be available.
Northumbria University Library data on Copac
Example record from Northumbria University Library's collections:
Reynold's political instructor / edited by George W.M. Reynolds. Illustrated with numerous portraits of eminent political characters.
Published: London, 1850
You can browse all the titles on Copac starting with the above title.