University College London (UCL) Library
Image copyright UCL
About the library
The UCL Library holds over 2 million printed items and an extensive range of electronic resources. It is made up of 15 libraries, including UCL Special Collections. Details of locations and opening times for all libraries: www.ucl.ac.uk/library/sites.shtml
- UCL Main Library. Art, Economics, English, History, Humanities, Law, Modern Languages, Philosophy and Public Policy
- UCL Science Library. Anthropology, Engineering, Geography, Life Sciences, Management, Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- UCL Bartlett Library. Architecture and Town Planning
- UCL Cruciform Library. General Clinical and Medical Sciences
- UCL Ear Institute and RNID Libraries at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital. Audiology, Deaf Studies and Otorhinolaryngology
- UCL Eastman Dental Institute Library. Oral Health Sciences
- UCL Institute of Archaeology Library Archaeology and Egyptology
- UCL Institute of Child Health Library. Allied Health, International Child Health, Paediatrics and Paediatric Nursing
- UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square Library Neuroscience and Neurosurgery
- Joint Moorfields Eye Hospital and the Institute of Ophthalmology Library Biomedicine, Medicine, Nursing, Ophthalmology and Visual Science
- UCL Institute of Orthopaedics Library Orthopaedics and Musculoskeletal Sciences
- UCL Language & Speech Science Library(NICeST: National Information Centre for Speech/language Therapy), Audiology, Communication Disorders, Linguistics & Phonetics, Special Education, Speech & Language Therapy and Voice
- UCL Library Store holds items offsite so these need to be requested in advance. Please see http://www.ucl.ac.uk/Library/store for further details.
- Royal Free Medical Library, UCL Library Services General Clinical and Medical Sciences
- UCL School of Pharmacy Library Biomedicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacognosy and Pharmacology
- UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies Library and Information Services Bibliography of Eastern Europe, Economics, Geography, History, Languages, Literature and Politics
- UCL Special Collections http://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/special-coll/
The local library catalogue is available online.
British Library Interlibrary Loan Codes & Interlending Information
Information for supplying to other libraries: www.ucl.ac.uk/library/supplying.shtml
- UCL Main Library G2 (contact LO/U-2)
- UCL Science Library G2 (contact LO/U-2)
- UCL Bartlett Library G2 (contact LO/U-2)
- UCL Cruciform Library G2 (contact LO/U-2)
- UCL Ear Institute & RNID Libraries G/G2 (contact LO/M-6)
- UCL Eastman Dental Library F2 (contact LO/M43)
- UCL Institute of Archaeology Library G2 (contact LO/U-2)
- UCL Institute of Child Health Library G2 (contact LO/M-4)
- UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square Library G2 (contact LO/M35)
- UCL Institute of Ophthalmology Library F2 ((LO/M44)
- UCL Institute of Orthopaedics Library G (contact LO/M45)
- UCL Language & Speech Science Library G2 (contact LO/U70)
- Royal Free Hospital Library, UCL Library Services F2 (contact LO/M55)
- UCL School of Pharmacy Library G2 (contact LO/M22)
- UCL School of Slavonic & East European Studies Library G2 (contact LO/U15)
Can I see live document availability on Copac? Yes. The Copac local holdings display will tell you if a document is currently on-loan, reference only etc. as well giving you local location details.
Can I obtain items via Inter Library Loan? Yes, subject to the library's local lending policy. You have to request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff about whether they think the document you need is likely to be available for loan and for advice on making an inter-library loan request.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes - visit the library's web site for access details. If you wish to visit it is advisable to contact the library in advance to ensure the material you need will be available.
How do I find primary source material held at this institution? Visit the University College London's contributor page at the Archives Hub for information.
See www.ucl.ac.uk/library/sites.shtml for locations of all UCL libraries.
UCL data on Copac
Example record from the UCL libraries:
Title: R.P. Vincentii Leotaudi ... Magnetologia : in qua exponitur noua de magneticis philosophia.
Published: Lugduni : sumptibus Laurentii Anisson 1668
You can browse all the titles on Copac starting with the above title.