Bangor University Library
About the library
Bangor University Library holds an extensive range of print and electronic resources. We also have one of the largest university-based archives in the UK, cared for by our internationally recognised Archives and Special Collections department.
The service is housed over four libraries:
- Main Library - holds collections for Arts, Languages, Humanities, Social Sciences, Music, Law, the Welsh Library, and is the location of the Archives and Special Collections department.
- Deiniol Library - holds collections for Sciences, Psychology and Healthcare Sciences. Also kept here is a large collection of Ordnance, Soil and Geological Survey maps.
- Normal Library - holds materials related to Education, Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences and collections of children's books.
- Wrexham Library - holds materials on Nursing, Midwifery, Radiography and Healthcare Sciences.
The local library catalogue is available online.
British Library Interlibrary Loan Code
- Bangor University Library: BN/U-1
Can I see live document availability on Copac? Yes. The Copac local holdings display will tell you if a document is currently on-loan, reference only etc. as well giving you local location details.
Can I obtain items via Inter Library Loan? Yes, subject to the library's local lending policy. You have to request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff about whether they think the document you need is likely to be available for loan and for advice on making an inter-library loan request.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes- see the library's web site for access details. If you wish to visit it is advisable to contact the library in advance to ensure the material you need will be available.
How do I find primary source material held at this institution? Visit Bangor University Archive's repository page on the Archives Hub to browse their descriptions and find their contact information.
Bangor University Library data on Copac
Example record from Bangor University Library's collections:
Aldi Manutii Romani Institutionum grammaticarum libri quatuor.
Venetiis : Apud Aldum Aprili mense M.D.VIII
You can browse all the titles on Copac starting with the above title.