University of Nottingham Library
About the library
The University of Nottingham's library services operate across a number of sites:
- Business Library - supports the Business School and Institute of Work, Health and Organisations
- Denis Arnold Music Library - holds materials, including musical scores and sound recordings, relating to classical, ethnic and twentieth century classical music
- Djanogly Learning Resource Centre - provides information services to the Faculty of Education, School of Computer Science and houses the Commonwealth Education Documentation Centre
- George Green Library of Science and Engineering - holds the main collections for biological and pure sciences, engineering and psychology
- Greenfield Medical Library - covers biomedical sciences, medicine, nursing, midwifery and physiotherapy
- Hallward Library - holds arts, humanities, law and social sciences materials and the European Documentation Centre
- James Cameron-Gifford Library of Agricultural and Food Sciences - covers applied biosciences and veterinary medicine and science
- Manuscripts and Special Collections - holds approximately 3 million items, an extensive collection of printed book collections and the East Midlands collection
The local library catalogue is available online.
British Library Interlibrary Loan Codes
- Djanogly Learning Resource Centre : G2
- George Green Library: G2
- Greenfield Medical Library: G2
- Hallward Library : G2
Can I see live document availability on Copac? Yes. The Copac local holdings display will tell you if a document is currently on-loan, reference only etc. as well giving you local location details.
Can I obtain items via Inter Library Loan? Yes, subject to the library's local lending policy. You have to request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff about whether they think the document you need is likely to be available for loan and for advice on making an inter-library loan request.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes - visit the library's web site for access details. If you wish to visit it is advisable to contact the library in advance to ensure the material you need will be available.
How do I find primary source material held at this institution? Visit the University of Nottingham's contributor page at the Archives Hub for information.
For the locations of other libraries, please see University of Nottingham's website.