University College London (UCL) Library
Image copyright: UCL
About the library
UCL Library Services consists of 18 libraries and learning spaces located across London, covering a wide range of specialist subjects ranging from bio-medicine and science to arts, architecture and archaeology.
British Library Interlibrary Loan Codes & Interlending Information
Information about supplying to other libraries:
- UCL Bartlett Library: G2 (contact LO/U-2)
- UCL Cruciform Hub: G2 (contact LO/U-2)
- UCL Ear Institute & Action on Hearing Loss Libraries: G/G2 (contact LO/M-6)
- UCL Eastman Dental Library: F2 (contact LO/M43)
- UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health Library: G2 (contact LO/M-4)
- UCL Institute of Archaeology Library: G2 (contact LO/U-2)
- UCL Institute of Education Library: G2 (contact LO/U-9)
- UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square Library: G2 (contact LO/M35)
- UCL Institute of Orthopaedics Library: G (contact LO/M45)
- The Joint Library of Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital & UCL Institute of Ophthalmology: F2 (LO/M44)
- UCL Language & Speech Science Library: G2 (contact LO/U70)
- UCL Main Library: G2 (contact LO/U-2)
- Royal Free Medical Library, UCL Library Services: F2 (contact LO/M55)
- UCL School of Pharmacy Library: G2 (contact LO/M22)
- UCL School of Slavonic & East European Studies Library: G2 (contact LO/U15)
- UCL Science Library: G2 (contact LO/U-2)
Can I see live document availability on Copac? Yes. The Copac local holdings display will tell you if a document is currently on-loan, reference only etc. as well giving you local location details.
Can I obtain items via Inter Library Loan? Yes, subject to the library's local lending policy. You have to request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff about whether they think the document you need is likely to be available for loan and for advice on making an inter-library loan request.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes - visit the library's web site for access details. If you wish to visit, it is advisable to contact the library in advance to ensure the material you need will be available.
How do I find primary source material held at this institution? Visit UCL's contributor page at the Archives Hub for information.
The location of each library can be found on our libraries web page.
You can also search for libraries on the UCL Maps service.
UCL data on Copac
Example record from the UCL libraries:
Title: R.P. Vincentii Leotaudi ... Magnetologia : in qua exponitur noua de magneticis philosophia.
Published: Lugduni : sumptibus Laurentii Anisson 1668
You can browse all the titles on Copac starting with the above title.