University of Warwick Library
Image copyright: University of Warwick
About the library
The University of Warwick library holds approximately 1 million printed volumes housed in the Main Library and the Modern Records Centre. There are also small reference-only collections in the Biological Sciences Department and Mathematics Institute.
The library holds a number of Special Collections and Resources:
- Ethnicity and Migration Collections: the combined collections of the Centre for Research in Ethnic Relations and the Institute of Race Relations and provide a major resource for researching race and ethnicity.
- Official Publications section: the library holds official publications from the UK and is also a European Documentation Centre which provides access to EU information sources.
- German Literature: the library holds the best university collection of post-1945 German literature
- Modern Records Centre: holds the university's special collections, theses and archives.
- Selected plays from the library's collection of 18th- and 19th-century French plays, known as the Marandet Collection, are digitised in University of Warwick Library Digital Collections.
- The Warwick Research Archives Project repository (WRAP) is a developing project to house and provide access to University of Warwick authors' journal articles and e-theses.
The local library catalogue is available online.
British Library Interlibrary Loan Codes
- University of Warwick Library: G2
Can I see live document availability on Copac? Yes. The Copac local holdings display will tell you if a document is currently on-loan, reference only etc. as well giving you local location details.
Can I obtain items via Inter Library Loan? Yes, subject to the library's local lending policy. You have to request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff about whether they think the document you need is likely to be available for loan and for advice on making an inter-library loan request.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes - visit the library's web site for access details. If you wish to visit it is advisable to contact the library in advance to ensure the material you need will be available.
How do I find primary source material held at this institution? Visit the Modern Records Centre at the University of Warwick's contributor page at the Archives Hub for information.
University of Warwick data on Copac
Example record from the University of Warwick libraries:
Title: Atys : tragédie mise en musique par M. de Lully Surintendant de la Chapelle de Musique du Roi./ [By: Quinault, Philippe 1635-1688.]
Published: A Nantes : Chez Pierre Mareschal 1729
You can browse all the titles on Copac starting with the above title.